Sunday 13 February 2011

I am in love with I Am In Love

Life has taken me towards something of a synthpop obsession over the last couple of weeks, for one reason and another, and the latest auteurs of this genre are Leicester's I Am In Love, who sound like my childhood.

Always simmering in the background are the sounds of mid-'80s pop, with The Associates, Japan and even Bronski Beat obvious influences. Not since Echoboy in the early part of the last decade have a band managed to take that sound and make is sound so modern. This is pop music with a dramatic, epic edge, that suits me down to the ground at the moment.

You can listen to a couple of I Am In Love's minor masterpieces at their Soundcloud page, here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's some interesting posts here. I really like it here too. So, I am your new follower, Witty prmt. I had a good time reading these posts here. Thank you. Bye!