Monday 16 August 2010

Tears Run Rings

Ah, now this takes me back to the summer of '92, when I was barely seen without either a Lush or Boo Radleys t-shirt out and about on the mean streets of Grimsby. Back then, if Tears Run Rings had made t-shirts, I'd have owned one.

The band, made of up ex-Autocollants, Laura Watling, and Evening Lights members are streaming their new album on facebook, and it ticks every one of my shoegaze boxes. Hazy, mysterious vocals, layers of fluffy (and sometimes cutely harsh) guitar, and a female voice in the background that is barely audible, but just has to be there. Oh, and some pretty pop sensibilities. This might just be the finest shoegaze record to emerge since Slowdive's 'Just For a Day'. You could say I like it a lot.

You can pre-order 'Reunion' from the ever-wonderful Tone Vendor. It's pay day next Tuesday, and that's first on my list of 'things to do' for the day.

Here's 'Forgotten', which comes from the band's previous album, 'Distance' that was released only a couple of weeks ago, apparently. I'm way behind...

No comments: