Wednesday 27 January 2010

New Socks


I feel like a whole new world has opened up in front of me, because after finding out about The Awesomelies earlier this week (and did that album get me through a dull Monday night in Lincoln, or what?), then Becky from the band went and pointed me in the direction of the New Socks album, which is available to buy and listen to here.

I like lots of things about this album: the fact that a little kid introduces each song; the strangely spooky cover art; the fact that it's totally different from The Awesomelies, yet is equally as precious. If 'People and Love and Plants' or 'I Trying to be Nice' don't cut you into little pieces then you're probably a Chelsea fan, or something.

I love it when his kind of thing happens. The fact that this music has been out there for a while only makes it more special, because it almost certainly means there's even more, equally ace pop secrets waiting for me - and you - to discover them.

No comments: